Stains happen, but nothing is worse than getting stains on your dry clean only clothing. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Stain removal is about acting quickly and choosing the best method. Many clothes marked dry clean only can be spot cleaned at home or on the fly. It’s often a matter of being prepared. We’re here to help when the splat hits the fabric.
The Easy Way – Impressive Cleaners Picks it Up
You may not have time to run to the cleaners, but what if the dry cleaners comes to you? We’ll pick up your dry cleaning, drop it off at the cleaners, and deliver it back to you at your convenience.
How To Schedule A Pickup
Schedule a pickup via our website or by downloading our custom app.
You can pick the first available date and time or any future day that works for you! You can also schedule your delivery date and time and create a recurring schedule! Our standard turn around time is 2 business days but we can always deliver at a later date if that works better for you!
Separate Dry Clean/Laundry from Wash & Fold and place your clothes outside your front door in our provided garment bag prior to your scheduled pickup time window. If it is your first time please leave your clothes in a disposable plastic bag. You will receive a text when our Impressive Valet is on the way. You can even track your Valet in our app with live GPS coordinates! You do not need to be home when we pick up your order!
We will deliver your clean garments back to you on your scheduled delivery date and time window.
You will receive a notification when our valet is en route to deliver your completed order and you can even track your Valet in our app with live GPS coordinates! Your first order will be returned in your own reusable FREE VIP garment bag.
Steps to Remove Stains From Dry Clean Only Clothing At Home
Check The Clothing Label
The care label sewn into your garment has a lot of information. It tells you what type of fabric the garment is made from, what products to avoid, whether ironing is wise, and it may say either “Dry Clean” or “Dry Clean Only.” Both dry clean and dry clean only fabrics can be carefully spot-cleaned at home. Most labels will specify no chlorine bleach, and some will have more detailed instructions.
Fabrics you should take straight to the Impressive Cleaners: rayon, suede, leather, and cashmere.
Identify The Stain
The type of stain will dictate what products and methods you’ll use to remove the stain.
Oil-based stains including butter, mayonnaise, salad dressing, makeup, lotion, and body oils:
- Baking soda
- Citrus-based degreasing detergent such as clear Palmolive dishwashing liquid (
Food stains including ketchup, red wine, coffee, juice, soda, tea, and also mud:
- White vinegar
- Dish detergent (Palmolive, Dawn)
Protein stains including grass, meat, eggs, vomit, blood, urine:
- High-quality detergent without dyes
- Alcohol or products with alcohol, like hand sanitizer or hairspray
- Enzyme cleaner, such as OxiClean
Method to Remove Liquid Stains From Clothing
- Place the stained area of your garment on a white towel, or hold over a sink.
- Pour cold water or soda water on the stain. Water alone will remove some liquid stains if you address it quickly.
- If water alone doesn’t remove the stain, make a cleaning solution with equal parts of white vinegar and dish detergent.
- Dip a clean cloth or cotton swab into the formula, and dab the stain.
- Remember to rotate the towel underneath as you work and replace it with a dry towel when it is saturated.
- Allow the solution to soak in for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Hang or lay flat to dry.
Method to Remove Oily Stains
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the stain and use a white cloth or small brush to work the powder into the stain. Wait a few minutes for the powder to absorb the oil, then flip the garment over and tap to shake off the excess powder.
- If the stain is still visible, wet the spot with cold water and dab on a small amount of citrus-based degreasing detergent, like Palmolive or Dawn on the stained area. Allow to sit for a few minutes and then dab with cold water to remove the detergent and the stain.
Dealing with stained dry clean only clothing can be risky. Some woven fabrics, like wool or silk, will stretch and relax when wet, leaving a misshapen bump where the fabric should be smooth. Treating small spots is less risky than trying to clean a large stained area. If you’re stuck we’re the best solution. Dry cleaning is usually the best solution, especially if you want the garment to look new and sharp. Why take a chance? Schedule a pick up with us today!